Friday, June 6, 2008

In view of the stock market crash



Gas was ONLY 4.19 in Coquille today. It was 4.25 in Coos Bay. So we went shopping!



After a hearty breakfast at Cozy Kitchen. Husband ordered the Chicken Fried steak, crispy hash browns, three eggs well done and rye toast which unfortunately was a bit soggy. I ordered separate items from the menu; one pancake, two strips of bacon crispy and crispy hash browns. We both like country fries or O'Brien potatoes and I asked if they have those. Yes! Also have something called "Love Hash browns". These are hash browns with chopped onions and chopped banana peppers topped with sour cream. Oooh! Oregon Blintzes!

We also went to Freddy's because we had 12 bucks worth of store coupons! Also went looking for storm doors at Lumberman's and they had the complete kit for 140 bucks or a simple wooden frame with screening without hardward for 35 bucks. I settled for a paint scraper. Scrapes paint off very nicely. Hoping to get some sunshine tomorrow for more paint scraping activities.

2 comments:

Gale said...

*this comment has nothing do with the post*
I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the by we are going up to Garden Valley Saturday morning, so throw mom in the car and come get me and Ellen. I'll buy gas.

Retro Blog said...

I can hardly wait to get there either!! Love Me