Monday, November 19, 2007

Get Yer Chinese name!

http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/chinname.pl

This site will allow you to input your first, last name, DOB, characteristics and will give you a name in Mandarin Chinese. My Chinese name is An Rui Yan. Blogger would not load the characters however.

Musing about names leads me to reminisce about various names I have encountered over the years while working in the medical records department. For instance, when I worked in my home town hospital, a set of twins were born 1n 1982; their names were Chastity Bell and Trinity Sue (born in 1982). How rhyming!

While working in a very very rural hospital in Alaska, my favorite first name of all was Ryan Bryan Corey Craig. I don't remember the middle name.

And last but not least my favorite name here at my current facility is Dolly Dimple Icenogle. I just love it.

PS: The most common first name in the world is Mohamed.
The most common last name in the world is Wong.

Kinda makes you wonder how many Mohamed Wong's there are.

4 comments:

yoo hoo said...

I was in the first day of US history whilst in college and the prof started calling roll (the only time they do it) when he got to John Smith, I busted out laughing. It struck me funny that someone would actually name their kid John Smith. oh well
Love Mohamad Wong, must google.

Anonymous said...

My Mandarin name is Bi En Long, it means, kindness, mercy, charity, and is symbolic of emperor.

This was fun.

Ellen

yoo hoo said...

My Mandarian name is Kang Rui Ai, which means ardent, generous and magnanimous and lest we forget aspicious.

So now we know...

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

I am Bei Bu Chi, I am generous and forgiving. I am obnoxious and overbearing. I am glad I am not Chinese.