Sunday, August 8, 2021

WKMH 80's

WKMH 80's: I attended the Idaho Hospital Association conventions three times. The first time I rode with Art and Dorothy Gratton. She was on the WKMH hospital board. Art was the jolly husband who drove. As we were driving north to McCall on the Goat trail, he was merrily drinking a glass of his choice of alcohol. I decided to tell him a story. “Art, I have read recently that the Idaho Fish and Game have been cross breeding fish stock. The first one was a Walleye and a Pike. The second was a pike and Muskey. The third one was a Muskey, Walleye and Pike. Now they have to teach the poor son of a bitch how to swim!” They laughed, Art didn't spill a drop. The next trip to attend IHA was in Sunvalley. We drove there by way of Garden Valley and Redfish Lake, beautiful drive. We stayed at the main Sunvalley lodge. Charlie went with. I told him he could check out a bike and charge it to the room. A bunch of us went out to lunch. Everyone was crowded into the booth. I laughed and said, “This reminds me of the time the class was getting class pictures at Parkview Jr. High. The group picture was on stage. I was on the end in the middle row. I yelped, “Teacher, I don't have any place to sit!”. The teacher calmly repled, “Of course you do, you simply don't have any where to put it.” Dinner was fabulous. The main course was a beautiful roulade of beef with marrow on top. Delicious. Also ate farm elk with blackberry sauce. Yummy! On the way back from one of those trip, Mr. States felt the journey would not be complete without stopping for him to toss some good sided rocks into the river. Another trip to somewhere in Oregon, I went with Newton and Esther States. We stopped in Baker for lunch. We were squashed into a booth with a very large table. Fortunately I was short enough to avoid belly pinching. At any rate at some point, Esther spilled her milkshake. I teased her and said, “Oh, Esther, was just can't take you anywhere!” Newton commented, “Yes, she is a sweet mess, but she is my mess.” Esther babysat small children and potty trained them. She did a good job, they sat there until they were done. The hospital now has a new name, Valiant. Erk.

1 comment:

Gale said...

the name is Valor Health. still Erk