Thursday, April 4, 2019

SURVIVOR TALES

SURVIVOR:

I really enjoy this show.  This season they have added Exile Island where all of the voted off survivors are given the choice to exit for a bath and hamburger or pick up the torch and take a boat ride.  Exile island only has a little rice, no shelter. If anyone wants to leave all they have to do is hoist the flag up the mast and a boat will come pick them up.  

I have often thought of refinements that could be added to the game. 

1.  Let the voted off people came back as zombies at night so they can steal stuff, or play pranks but if they get caught they are permanently eliminated from the game.

2. If someone is voted off possessing an immunity idol, let them gift it to someone on the island.

3.  Bury some treasure somewhere, preferably food.

4.  Assign points to all survivor players. Track these points. Use the point system in Naked and Afraid.  Hmm, maybe NandF would like to participate in Survivor. Perhaps begin an international gaming association within which these points could be used in other games.  See book called Dream Park.  

Also I have watched other actual survival shows and some documentaries.

One of those documentaries showed women swatting themselves with bushes and leaves to be used as deodorant.  Research what those botanicals are and determine a method to test them.


The tribe does not fully utilize bamboo.  They could make lots of stuff.  It splits into very small sections that lumpy bed could be a lot flatter.  I would use the bamboo to make a largish cage to go catch those loose chickens.  

I am a little surprised that people don't utilize the properties of mud more often.  Use the mud to ward off insects such as mosquitoes and flies. Mud also works to protect skin from sunburn.  

Since the social game is so important I would utilize the Scherazade treatment.  I would tell stories at night.  In installments.  I think "Dies The Fire" By S.M. Stirling would be perfect.  I have been listening to it on audible and I have 9 hours left.  I think people would keep me around just to hear the story.
I would also institute the joke a day thing.  I would challenge them to tell the funniest joke they ever heard. And keep it clean if at all possible.

I also encourage the use of fake immunity idols.  You would have to be extraordinarily clever to fake one. They have become rather iconic.  Possibly steal a medallion from the immunity necklace when it is hanging on the tree.  Do a night raid.  Try to make it look like something accidentally dropped off or rearrange the remaining decorations so that it does not look like any part of the necklace is missing.  

Since there is so much trash in the ocean, give rewards for beach cleaning activities. 

Do some good deeds Hey, Jeff anyone listening?

No comments: