Saturday, November 18, 2017

Woke up this morning completely infuriated.

To dream that you are at a factory represents repetitious thinking and an old way of doing things. It is symbolic of predictability and unchanging habits. Alternatively, it signifies business, productivity, energy and bustling activity. You are a person that can get things done.
Dreaming of an abandoned or run-down factory means that you have broken from your routine or have escaped from a monotonous aspect of your life. You are leaving a meaningless past behind and are thinking for yourself. 

I woke up this morning.  I was angry in my dream, so angry I was thinking of trashing something. 

For some weird reason, I was working on a project in a rather dingy factory.  My immediate supervisor was from the continent of India.  Things had been moved away from my office and I demanded to know who had moved my stuff.  My supervisor had a long name with lots of D's and I's in it. I asked him sarcastically to spell the other guys name so I could find him.

I looked in my office at one time and it was piled high with boxes of tools, cleaning supplies, linens, appliances.  What is this!? They needed the space. 

Next time I looked all the items had been sorted, the fridge, washer and dryer were along one wall.  The linens and towels and stuff were neatly folded and stacked on the washer/dryer.  The desk was piled high with boxes of tools and the place had no room for me. 

I was furious.  How was I going to get my work done?  I began to think after a minute, why hadn't I been fired?  I was being so rude! Then I asked myself, you never get angry, you get busy.  So I began looking around for places to move this stuff and reclaim my office.  Then I realized that this was a dream and that I didn't have to deal with any of this nonsense.  What a relief!

So I woke up to NPR's Weekend Edition and a review of an all girl's play about soccer.  Bleahhhh.

The dream interpretation pretty closely hit the nail on the head.  I have settled into a predictable life.  While I no longer work, I do some small things around the house.  I no longer go downstairs to the basement.  Darling Man has taken over the laundry completely and does a wonderful job.  All I have to do is fold, hang and put away.  Yay me!!  My main tasks consist of morning exercises, breakfast, other small frequent meals but breakfast is usually the biggest meal of the day.  I can't do any hand sewing until this eye thing is cleared up, so I must resort to clothing that does not need buttons attached unless it is with a safety pin of some sort. I have to keep those covered up because my lap kitty, Charlie, will chew on buttons and anything SHINY.  I wash dishes and sweep and mop the floor. note NONE of this is on a regular basis, y'see.

I recently watched a Facebook post about the Japanese method to avoid laziness.  Basically, if you can do something for one minute, that's right 60 seconds, you cannot call yourself lazy.  AND there was no preaching about incremental minute increase.  Hmmm. well I can say that I have worked my way up to 30 seconds.  Hah! Take THAT!

I do after all have Pilgrim ancestors fresh from 1600's Holland by way of England  looking for the chance to practice conservative religion and encourage the work ethic.  Oy!

No comments: