Thursday, November 30, 2017

I think I invented a sport!

To dream that you are watching a sports competition represents two opposing viewpoints or conflicting opinions.

I woke up from a dream and it was very different.  I was talking to a young athlete who was anxious to get back into his game.  The game involved him brandishing a sort of spear club like thing.  The club was made of very thinly sliced bamboo about six feet long.  The bottom bamboo slices were unbound and if tapped against the floor provided bounce.  The middle of the spear had a stylized handle and the top of the bamboo had a sort of shallow curved spoon for either catching, blocking, hitting etc. 

I could see a black box that consisted of one inch square blocks that were automatically stacking up into a square foot black block.  I am not sure what the rules were but I think team members had a certain amount of time to gather up loose blocks and try to destroy the block before it completed building. 

The defending team had to use their sticks to deflect incoming smaller blocks. Each small block is worth one cent.  The whole block is Lord, math fails me how many one inch squares are in one square foot?  That's 12 x 12 x 12.  There is a dollar amount in there somewhere.  The opposing team does not make any points unless the block is smashed apart.  Once a block is smashed, there is a toss up of one block at center court.  The athlete was wearing what looked like some sort of sports leotard, and didn't look bruised, so contact may be against the rules.  Need a name. How's about a pick up game of "Smash?" Needs work.

To carry forward the dream analysis of two ideas I think I can safely say that I was contemplating a BIG idea and a LITTLE idea.  Swell.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OR there may be some profit to consider amongst many small ideas supporting one large idea?