Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday!


First Sunday off in many many years.   Only missed the first fifteen minutes.  Piece on Renee' Magritte, touted as the best modern artist, very quirky stuff but enjoyable.  Now all the techies I am related to may ask how come I did not record the show?  All the VCR's finally died.   Never did get a thingummy from our cable provider, so laziness and I figured half of the show would be puff pieces from the network.

Breakfast was English muffin, piece of bacon, hot chocolate and a bunch of delicious medications. Yummy!

Unlike my sister, I am performing household tasks today as I baked cookies yesterday.  

Watched Avatar, again. Go Jake! Stupidest mineral name in the universe ...Unobtainium.

Also have stumbled recently over Burning Man 2013.   Well I watched some videos from 2012, fascinating.   Several thousand people pay fairly significant folding green to camp out in the Nevada desert for art's sakes, then they burn something large and wooden at the end of several days of dancing, singing, imbibing of probably illegal substances.   Lots of supple young things.   Lots of mechanical vehicles, some spectacular statuary.  The theme this year was Cargo Cult.  uh.....didn't actually see a lot that however it was colorful.  

Must rest....

No comments: