Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I can haz retirement....


I don't work here anymore as of about 9:30 a.m.
 
It is now more or less official.  Got to work this morning and there was a big fat email sitting there. I opened it and decided that my services and presence were no longer required.  I chatted with HR and let the nice lady know that today was my last day. I chatted with the bookkeeper and asked her to mail my checks to my house.

I had discussed this possibility with husband so he was not entirely surprised and suggested going out for a therapeutic lunch, ooh maybe later okay?

Now I must deal with part B Medicare, Medigap insurance and signing up husband for Obama care.   yeesh.

So far retirement has been pretty exciting.  See ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well good for you. congrats and all that. got to go, Phil just knocked on the door.
gale

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! You did it on your terms.

Anonymous said...

As Richard puts it..You gave your 2day notice. You quit 2day. Good for you! You may find yourself more busy than when you had a full time job. With retirement comes the fact that now you don't have a designated day off, so they are all busy.Maybe you can come visit before we move. Don't know when that will be just yet.

Retro Blog said...

Where are you moving!!?!

Anonymous said...

Looking in Mtn.Home. Maybe a house, maybe an RV full time. Don't know yet. Still up in the air. Have to list this house first. Rich has been doing a lot of honey do finish and fix it stuff. Down sizing hopefully.
Cathy

Retro Blog said...

Your current RV full time? And storage for everything else unless you have a really BIG yardsale. Also remind Rich that Vivian and Darrell lived in an RV for nearly a decade.