Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dental visit



This is not me.  I decided I had better go get my teeth cleaned, they were starting to feel like concrete and it had been at least five years since my last visit, no excuses, just plain old did not go.

The dentist did a thorough examination.  I explained that no matter what he found I was not interested in root canals or visiting the periodontist in Coos Bay. Not gonna happen. If the tooth hurts I will opt to have it pulled.  No new cavities, the old fillings are still doing their job but they do want me to come in for a full four quarter root planing.  I think I will take 80 mgs of Benadryl on those days.  (weak grin)  Strangely enough because of a molar extraction or two in the past my teeth have shifted into a more straggly configuration and he told me that was a good thing, they were easier to clean and it was harder for a cavity to start because cavities usually start on the in between touching spaces.   Too much information.

And since it is a very wet monsoon type rainy day I am baking a chicken on a bed of new potatoes and I made fresh salsa with tomato, onion, cilantro, olives and avocado.  It's in the fridge, help yourself.  The bag of chips is sealed with a clip sitting on a shelf high enough beyond the cats ability to levitate.  They do like their chips.

No comments: