Sunday, July 31, 2011

SUNDAY LUNCH AT WORK


For a few months now we have been blessed at work by a woman who gave up her restaurant business to come cook at the hospital.
No more 14 hour days, and today her shift is Sunday and the menu announced hamburger and fries and dessert.  Yummy, I put my order in early and opted for everything including grilled onion and fresh mushrooms.  Fries.  Heaven.



Dessert was strawberry pound cake with whipped cream.

FIRST:        I did not have to cook it.
SECOND:   I got a wonderfully polite call from the kitchen telling    me that my lunch was ready.
THIRD:      I didn't have to wash the dishes.
FOURTH:  Three bucks.
FIFTH:       Next Sunday she is making fried chicken, with mashed potatoes and gravy....stop I'm drooling here.  I'll take pictures of that, too.  


1 comment:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Sounds like the hospital needs to keep this lady cooking. Food looks so good to me, if I could only eat it. Cathy