Sunday, July 17, 2011

IS THAT A BLOSSOM I SEE?


Yes, actually, it is one of our little desert friends, blooming here in wet rainy Southern Oregon in July.  It has bloomed before but it has been a couple of years.  I am not sure exactly what triggers the bloomage, may hap it is a mini drought. 

On another note, I noticed that someone spray painted a message on the back of the "chicken coop" structure at the build.  In yellow pain are the words "Oregon is the beaver state", a green circle is spray painted around it.  Um, for those of you who do not know; two of the major university mascots are the Beavers and the Ducks. One of them is in Corvallis and the other one is ...Portland?
Anyway Corvallis is the Beavers and the Ducks cavort for the other guys.  They both have webbed feet and are allegedly delicious if prepared properly.  To quote the singers in "Popeye

Everything is food.
Everything is food Food FOOD
Everything is fooooooooooooood
Everything is food.

I would gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today.....

Damnit, now I'm hungry.

3 comments:

Gale said...

I thought it was Tuesday, was I getting it wrong all this time?

Retro Blog said...

Hmm, may be it IS Tuesday, better check the lyrics. Tah! R

Retro Blog said...

Gale Ann you and the rest of the Google Universe are correct. The day in question is indeed Tuesday. Maybe I was thinking Fat Thursday or is that Tuesday? Ah me.....