Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh dear a couple of VERY BAD THINGS happened last night....


First of all I downloaded a couple sample books from Amazon and turned on my Kindle to start reading.
Okay fine, page two...
um no go right,
no go left,
no go up,
no go down,
no NOTHING.  AND I can't turn it OFF! Creeps me out!

KINDLE. IS. DEAD. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon help page for Kindle is obviously for third generation only, not antiques like mine.  I sent off an email and am encouraged to make a PHONE CALL to a real live technician.  Jeez.   I think it would be easier to just ORDER. A. NEW. KINDLE.



NEXT, I was awakened at 6:30 this morning by a phone call from my Idaho brother to be on the look out for a Tsunami due to an 8.9 earthquake in Japan.  Thanks, Bro!

Local TV coverage was very good, however, the most we got was some muddy surf.    Husband knew about the earthquake last night but he thought that since I was snor...um sleeping yeah sleeping that he would not disturb me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn the bad luck on the Kindle, but you are right buying a new one may be cheaper!. Glad to hear that you have no real damage from the Tsunami either. Horrible however in Japan, thoughts and prayers going to them....
ej

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Sorry about the wake up call, but it could be hard to breath under water.
So did you have the emergancy drill at the hospital?
R & C

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES< get the new kindle, spring for the constant wireless, you will love it.

Anonymous said...

I ordered a new Kindle, with a lighted cover. Woo hoo! I also downloaded Kindle for PC and it works very slick, listed EVERYTHING I have archived. Impressive. that's all for now. R