Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SNOW DAY!!


Today it snowed, it began about 6 am.  I looked up and the moon was gorgeous.


This is the first time it has snowed before Thanksgiving in over 25 years.  We love to break records.  The snow fell heavily, slowly, majestically.  Then the Orange Hitachi machine started moving piles of trash.


The rhodies just outside the north entrance accumulated about an inch of snow.  The snow cloud circulated around the valley several times, dropping snow hither and yon.  The hospital is at about 135 feet elevation.  One lady said her husband drove to the beach and took pictures of snow coming on the waves.   Weather man says the Arctic Express will move in tonight with temps in the teens, it will be icy in the morning.  I'm so thankful my driver is waiting to take me to work.  Tonight I made enough filling for three pumpkin pies but I only cooked one.  The rest of it are being made into pumpkincicles in the freezer for later. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has warmed up here in Sea-town...it's currently 15. When we went to bed last night it was 12F, my only hope is that this cold is killing all bad bugs and the weeds in the garden. Most likely the weeds will survive and all the plants that we've spent copious amounts of money on, will die.
Be careful out there.