Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BOOK REPORT on the Kindle version. Boy am I still steamed.


The last couple of days have been very educational.  I learned a couple of things.  I was vastly disappointed to learn that my Kindle version of Island In The Sea of Time was lousy with spelling, punctuation and formatting errors.  I actually compiled a list of 38 or so errors.  I then went to Amazon.com and posted a review at the book.  I immediately caught some flack from either the author (!!) or someone else who pointed out that the publishers and author had \no control over the product once it went to the web.  Uh huh...if I had written anything as outstanding as this I would have had my lawyers all over it like ugly on an ape, no disrespect intended to perfectly normal apes.

So then I trudged around in Help at Amazon looking for a complaint department.   No such luck.  So I thought I would try emailing Jeff Bezos founder of Amazon.  He has a great email address jeffb@amazon.com  I doubt he will ever read my email but what the heck.

However as I looked at another book, I noticed at the bottom of the page, a section for reporting to Amazon if you thought there was a formatting problem, a spelling problem, a copyright problem, etc.  Well!! That's more like it!

Ah HAH!  I opened the little window and copy and pasted my list of 38 errors and guess what!?  I'm not the only person who noticed and they spotted several errors that I didn't!!!

I am hoping that the little troll who originally transcribed the book is forced FORCED I TELL YOU to make the corrections and send out revised copies. Yeah......

Oh and the book itself is all about how in 1998 there was an EVENT that caused the Island of Nantucket to disappear from 1998 and reappear 1250BC,  it is a survival story and it just happens that the tall ship The Eagle of the US Coast Guard was on its way to Nantucket when the Event happened.  Now The Eagle and Captain Marian Alston comprise the Nantucket Navy.   Anyway it bugged me that I paid 6.99 for all those electronic errors.  Moron.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just goes to show you that mistakes are costly, ba da bump!

I'll check out the 'printed' version and see if it's any better.

jimbo said...

how do you really fell?

Anonymous said...

OOH OOH! I actually got an email reply from Jeff Bezos (well it was from his executive something or other). They have put the Kindle team to work on the book. Wow maybe I will be getting an email notice that the e-book is being released with corrections.

...heady sigh of accomplishment...