Monday, September 6, 2010

Very colorful dream but boring....

Colorful dream: I was in Barrow, I think, quite remote. I was working in the hospital, however, my job seemed to consist of watching patients and touching them when they were in pain. Maybe I was magical or something.

At any rate I was chosen to go on a cultural tour to a local village. The village was located in a valley and near the cultural center were two shamans who were dancing. One shaman wore a cowboy hat, painted face and gloves that had red and white fringes on the fingers. He was waving his hands in the face of the other shaman and also at the group of military people standing around watching. The armed services were represented by the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.

Then I went into the gift shop to look around but someone drafted me to help prepare a local delicacy. I don’t know what it was called but I was looking at a white bowl of what looked like sea slugs or sponges. They were long green and cucumber like. Some were shorter and brown looking. I was told to cut them in half. I selected a shortish brown looking one and attempted to cut it in half lengthwise. Suddenly the middle mouth part opened wide and it had teeth and tried to bite me. It also had lots of little feet, it jumped onto the floor and hopped scuttled away. I attempted to pick it up but it was wiggling so vigorously it got away.




After that I was still touring and I and another person were walking down a path in the valley. On the right I spotted a water fall and walked over closer to the low stonework wall to take a better look. It was a gorgeous waterfall, a couple hundred feet tall, so I took pictures.
We kept walking down this delightful little valley and there was more stone walls and on the other side I glimpsed something bovine stumping around inside a cave. All I could see were legs.

Um, then I woke up.

Dream interpretation site says this about dancing and seafood.

To see ritualistic dancing in your dream, denotes your need to get in touch with the spirit within.

To see or eat seafood in your dream, indicates recognition and a mergence of your spirituality with your conscious being. You are acknowledging and fulfilling the needs of your unconscious. Er … except the seafood escaped so my spirituality has taken flight then?

Job well done! I think…..

No comments: