Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The roofing project is done.



Take note that there is a nice large band of metal flashing now affixed to the chimney. No more leaking from THAT source! I asked the guy up on the roof if he thought the chimney was up to code height wise, because to me standing on the ground it seems to barely clear the roof line. He shrugged and commented that this WAS Coos County after all. I did Google out of curiosity and I think I saw something about a 3 foot height requirement. Oy!



This is a slightly better picture of the Red Lady. The roofer guy took the car in trade for doing the front porch as shown below. We were going to skip it but he just couldn't stand to see something that needed to be done, so traded straight across. Looks nice.



Now we need a good power washing to blast off dirt and spiders and a tree guy to come kill some bushes.

Oh and the paint job on the Hardie board and the gutters put back up.

I have been watching the American Handyman contest on HGTV and wondering where they found some of these people. I guess all the good ones were working on jobs?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to learn that you can get rid of all these buckets now!

Anonymous said...

Get rid of a perfectly good bucket!?! I'm positive it is safely stored away awaiting another crisis. Thanks.

carlae said...

Very nice and it looks like you had good roofing weather.

Retro Blog said...

Yep it rained the 16th, puddles, puddles, no down spouts, those buckets may get positioned on the corners of the house....sigh...