Monday, April 5, 2010

Ah Easter Sunday



I spent Easter Sunday by first screwing my courage to the sticking point and....

GETTING out of BED and went to work for four hours before hacking my way back home.

The remainder of the day was spent in viewing some non formal religious pieces; "Keys To The Kingdom". Gregory Peck looking lean, earnest, soulful as Father Francis Chisholm. He was a missionary in China and the story was very enjoyable. Father even went to war, helped destroy a warring generals gun that was shooting up his town. Since this was a Hollywood epic, and I haven't read the book, its is highly unlikely that the real Father Chisholm took such an active warrior like role, Hollywood being Hollywood and all.

I also watched Sister Wendy (Famous English Nun who lives in a small trailer and explains art) explaining stained glass windows and the Passion of Christ. She is so fascinating to watch, I keep thinking that those perfectly formed over sized front teeth just HAVE to fall off any minute now...... but she simply glows beatifically and proses on and pretty soon its time for medicine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love sister Wendy...she knows her stuff and actually likes it.