Friday, March 5, 2010

Found a Coinstar machine








Well, as you can see I found a Coinstar machine, I had to Google it to be assured that there was one in Freddy's. There are actually three others in Coos Bay but Freddy's serves me well and I needed to shop a bit. They are not at all shy to charge 28 bucks for nearly 300 dollars worth of coins.

It was pretty noisy, a couple people asked if I had hit a jackpot. Hardy har har har.

I guess not very many people redeem the Coinstar coupon with cashiers because my guy had to ask for three different over rides. He also told me that US bank had coin counting machines. Hmmm, I might try that next time, might save 28 bucks. Oh and all the Canadian coins got spit out, I had a handful and asked if Freddy's would take them and they said no and suggested a bank would exchange them for the going rate. What EVER. I dumped them into a charity bucket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the coinstar, yeah, they take their share, but when I've used it I think it's worth it.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

This coinstar is about to cash out,just waiting on the CD to do its thing, and as near as I can tell every one will get about one thousand dollars.

Happy Trails
RB