Saturday, March 6, 2010

So So Saturday

Today, we ran away to Coos Bay to have breakfast at the Pancake Mill. Husband had veggie omelet and I had the potato pancakes. It took them FOREVER to serve us the food. Explanation, the potato pancakes take a little longer. ??? I did indeed receive three potato pancakes with a dab of apple sauce. They were the savory variety, cooked with chopped onions, cooked crispy and what ever was holding the ingredients together was gummy when it got cooler. So I didn't finish the third one. Next time out for breakies, Cozy Kitchen, I like their home fries.



I determined to do some running around this afternoon and I wanted to go visit with the lady who sets up shop by S42 and sells Amish Dolls (Do you sense a theme here?) and walking sticks. I have seen her ride her bike and also drive a small horse drawn equipage. She sometimes brings her treadle sewing machine. Today she had stepped away for moment. The store was empty. Clicky for details. The dolls are 5 bucks a piece and have blank faces.




I also stopped into the Coquille Saturday Swap Meet thingie and found some beads and a cute little perfume jar stopper. Now I have to find a perfume bottle that fits the stopper. The dark beads are polished garnet, very pretty.




I stopped in at McKay's to purchase ingredients for meatloaf. Mis en place.



Meat loaves resting on potatoes, carrots and fresh garlic to roast for one hour at 350 degrees. The garlic smelled fantastic.



Dinner's ready, get yer plates! I have cauliflower and broccoli salad to go with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is that leaning on the pole?

Anonymous said...

It is the handlebar of the bike.
To the viewers left just off screen is a largish bush, there is a large green cloth suitcase "hidden" there. Must be the equivalent of a stock room would be my guess. R