Monday, September 17, 2007

Strange Christmas tree


I purchased this white metal fold up pre lighted tree in Dillingham Alaska at the local Alaska Commercial Store, it was 80 dollars. I loaded my favorite ornaments on it and enjoyed it very much, it was so glittery and shiny. Granted this is not the correct time of year to display this item but I when I walked past the nurses station, some bored person had completely decorated for Halloween. There were bats cunningly fashioned from black trash bags and tiny black plastic spiders being creepy crawly everywhere and orange and black twisted garlands of crepe paper. Too soon ... Halloween isn't until the END of October, a month and half away. As usual we will huddle in the dark and be the grinches who stole Trick or Treat, leave the outside light turned off and ignore the insistent knocking on our front door. Actually we do take turns handing out treats and I try very hard to purchase bags of candy I wouldn't eat like glow in the dark gummy worms or the local equivalent of Everlasting Gob Stoppers..Yummy!
We interrupt this program to bring a brief medical report on Mom, who is at St. Lukes Meridian. She has experienced flatus and in small bowel obstruction cases this is a good thing. Can a soft diet be far behind?

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

I was in Fred Meyer yesterday and they were working on Christmas displays....WAY too early. But this is the girl that works in the grocery industry and I'm already thinking about January promotions

Gale said...

As for mom, a soft diet would be good for her behind.....
Lets try and talk the ol' girl into a freaking hearing aid. What? What?