Saturday, June 15, 2019

DREAM WITH COLOR AND SOUND

While I often have colorful dreams, I never had sound in them.  Last night I was able to bargain with someone at a very large swap meet.

But first, I had to get off the small plane that landed and taxied neatly into a small hangar.  Then I couldn't remember if I had any luggage and finally decided that I did not.

There was a nice swap meet thing going on and I looked around.  I spotted the cutest baby buggy with a fluffy kitty sitting in it. The fur was made of feathers.  Very cute.  I asked who was selling this item.  Someone pointed out an elderly man and said, "Go talk to him, he is 98 years old."  I thought that I should hurry.

I couldn't find the gentleman for a little bit and finally spotted him sitting inside an older sedan.  By the time I got there to ask him about the kitten I was apparently bargaining to purchase three older Look magazines.  He said that he thought they were worth 17 dollars each.  I was wondering if I had 60 bucks squirreled away in my purse. And then I was listing to NRP and it was time to get up.

So I did and had one of the Crack and Egg cup things.  It comes with three little packages of cheese, meat and veggie.  Stir in an egg, stir in the packets and microwave 40 seconds, stir and then another 30 seconds.  These are quite tasty.  Add a little pepper and yummy!  

I am reading a book called "Alpha Girls" it is written by Julian Guthrie who wrote for 20 years for SF Chronicle etc.  She became interested in the Alpha boys of silicon valley and decided to see how many women were in the capital investment business of Silicon Valley. Fascinating stuff.  I am enjoying this very much.  These ladies all have various high end degrees; electrical, MBA etc.

One ladies early experiences involved going to some sort of company sponsored event that included for dinner mind you, women who took off everything then danced and performed suggestive highly inappropriate simulated sex acts on each other.  She went to her boss and told him firmly that she felt that she had been disrespected and expected him to fix the problem.  This was in the early 80's!

The book follows four different woman, their backgrounds, how they got into the top 4% and  she didn't even mention Hewlett Packard.

No comments: