Saturday, June 1, 2019

A long day, minor annoyances and a couple small victories

Thursday was the long day.  I had an appointment with the vascular surgeon, Dr. Schumacher at RiverBend in Eugene at 1 pm.  That meant we left about 8:30 am and got there about a hour early.   I like to arrive early in case we get into traffic jams, go the wrong way or other disasters.

We did get a little lost it has been several years since we drove over there.  So we found the parking garage and schlepped over the sky bridge to suite 300.  And filled out paper work.

The nice sonographer lady did an ultrasound of the arm veins and neck veins.

Then we saw the doctor.  He explained the my forearm veins are too small, so that right upper arm will do nicely.  Basically they route blood into a vein and keep an eye on it as this used to expand the vein.  This takes about 3 to 6 months.  Then if and when dialysis is required the needles go in and out via this big enlarged vein. 

For some weird reason I was expecting a rather elaborate metal cyborg fixture things, But nope it is all interior. I like that better.  Smaller chance for infection.    So hope I don't have to use this but a person should be prepared.  I am scheduled for July 8 for outpatient.  Don't know the time yet.  But did mange to convey to the scheduler that we have to drive three hours, please do not give us an early morning appointment.  If that were the case we would just go a day early and overnight.  Also have to squeeze in an interview with anesthesia.  Erk.

We have our choice of Outback, Elmer's, IHOP etc.  Yay.

I wonder if anyone has thought of printing a kidney from one of those special printers?  Might work who knows.

The next day was one of minor annoyances.  I had to go pick up some meds, went shopping and the low fuel level flashed on.  I went for gas and it was the slow day, new kid, lots of cars lined up.  Mostly because this is Gay Nineties weekend and there was lots of traffic in town.  

Got that done and drove the highway 42 loop to the next turn  and as I drove in on Central I noticed a brand new building going up.  Now a new building is fairly rare in Coquille.  A local financial institute is adding on.  But the sign on this build said Winter Lake School  I'm not sure but I think it is the Methodist Church folk as the have a school attached to their church just across the street from the County Jail.

The small victories were a successful lunch special at the Colonial House.  I had the special chicken enchilada and chicken taco.  It was much better than the steak taco I had at Outback.  I also found the tattoo ladies shop closed but nail lady next door gave me her number.  I left a message. Call me! I want a Tat!!

No comments: