Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Merry etc.





Happy Holidays! above is a Kwanza cake, yummy.

Got up at 5:30 a.m. and came downstairs to celebrate Christmas.
I have risen at earlier times as a child and been promptly scurried right back to bed by exhausted parents who had assembled bicycles for me and brother, Richard.  This was after having spent the previous summer cheerfully nicking the neighborhood kids bikes if you please.  By the time we had moved to Evergreen Trailer Park in Boise, it had become policy that in order to prevent the juvenile delinquents from further episodes of theft, a couple bicycles were a good investment.  Thus Richard and I spent Christmas Day riding our new bikes all over the park.  I experienced for the very first time true exhaustion and a very sore bottom from contact with the less than ergonomic bike seats.  Wore me right out. Would love to borrow some of the youthful energy.   Coffee, morning meds and lever over pumpkin pie coming right up.  Have a good one everyone.


2 comments:

Retro Blog said...

Left over pumpkin pie...I blame what ever program substitutes a similar word for what I wanted to type. I wish my hair could type but then my face would never leave the keyboard, maybe it could text if I had a cell phone....hmmmmmm

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Richard and I have enjoyed your stories very much, he even had a few comments and additions for his side to me. "Thanks for the memories" (credit Bob Hope) and hope you and Tim have a great holiday. Cathy