Sunday, December 23, 2012

Plates


Mom went through a period in the late 80's or and she mentioned that she had finally dug out her plates and hung them and asked each of us what we had done with our plates.

Seattle Sister donated the Sound of Music series to a Gay Pride fundraiser and brought in 300 bucks.

My set was oriental, perhaps Japanese.  I will have to Google the name of the series. I think the plates are in the attic and would look good in my alleged used book store (I am leaning towards calling it Bookity Books and I don't care if someone else has a bookstore named that already).

I do not remember the themes and disposition of their plates for the other siblings; Colorado sister? Oregon brother?  Emmett Brother?  Wyoming Brother?  Were some cowboys and construction equipment themes involved?

Anyhow I had face booked Emmett sister that I had always associated her with "The Shiner" as above.  Then I started Googling because senior moments have set in and I could not remember Norman Rockwell's name, so I googled American Illustrators and about four pages in there he was.  I then googled Norman Rockwell's girl with black eye, nuthin'.  I then googled Normal Rockwell names of pictures...Ta Dah!  There is was..The Shiner.

The plate will be parcel posting its way to Monroe street. Hope it gets there in ONE piece.

4 comments:

Retro Blog said...

Sister hung her collection of plates,not Mom. duh

Anonymous said...

Colorado sister says: I cannot remember what my set of plates theme is. They have been boxed away for years and years. Funny thing is, Bertha gave Leo a set of plates also, they are birds and they also have been boxed away for years.... I love the plate rakes Gale found.... EJ

Retro Blog said...

In that case I think we should dream up our plate themes until we are forced to go check storage.
Letha - pawn shops.
Wyoming - gun show
Colorado - Wizard of OZ
Elkton - rock bands
Brother-in-law Italian Starbucks
Seattle -- Castles
Coquille -- Little Women

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Letha-pawn shops? I'm curious. None of them here, but we do have a happy face on our shop. You can't pawn anything in Letha, everybody has their own level of broke. Now yard sales are a going concern. Lots of them here. Snow and all.
Our plates are the "Light Campaign Series". Different scenes of, what I assume, were the new fangled electric lamps and people sitting around them. They are displayed in our office.