Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas dinner review:


I had decided to skip baking the all night ham until it fell off the bone this year and decided on steak. Not only steak but Gorgonzola steak.  Purchased two nicely marbled steaks cut off the fat.

Purchased some Gorgonzola cheese and a pint of cream.

Purchased Brussels sprouts, I already had some divine Balsamic vinegar. 

Also cooked some fresh packaged three cheese tortellini and Oseago sauce.  That worked very well.  Husband had seconds.

The steaks were cooked twelve minutes for well done and six minutes for medium.  Well done should have stretched to another five minutes I am afraid. 

The Brussels sprouts baked in the oven a bit too long and were not gorgeous green but more of a steak like appearance but with the Balsamic they were very tasty.

The Gorgonzola sauce was a bit salty, I should have used unsalted butter but it was the right consistency.  Meh.

Dessert chocolate chip cookie and piece of pumpkin pie left over from Thanksgiving.

I am thankful I got the day off,  I had scheduled myself to in because I knew that we had an OB admitted for an induction and visualized doing a birth certificate.  I called med/surg about 8 a.m. was informed that she had not delivered yet.  Ok, I will probably do one tomorrow then. Bye Bye

Called Charles and wished them Merry Christmas, they were having leg-o-lamb.  Yummy!

Merry Christmas everyone! 
 

No comments: