Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Town Home Obituaries



I posted this picture thinking I might change my profile pic...
nope, this coy little number was my attempt at looking wryly skeptical about some deep thoughts.  Deep thoughts to follow:

I went to Messenger Index web site, perused the obituaries when a name caught my eye. Danny Green was listed, it is always a shock to see one's contemporaries thusly, the thinking there but for grace...etc.etc. Anyway I had not thought of Danny Green or Tom and May for decades. 

For those of you who may have forgotten, at one time the Green's and Berglund's were part of a very social circle of working family's more or less loosely involved with the Idaho Power Company. 

The Greens had two kids to play with so we sort of considered them poor because there was such poor pickin's for playmates.
Pat was a couple years older and sneered at the thought of associating with the little kids.  Danny just joined in and bossed everyone around because he was maybe a couple months older than me.

I have never told anyone this, but I got him in trouble at school once. It was 6th grade of so at Parkview Junior High school.  It was during lunch and he got into some fisticuffs with another boy and I ran to the school office and snitched on him.  The appropriate authorities dragged themselves outside to break it up.  By then most of the participants had scurried off.  Mr. Green did not thank me for interference.   Hmph.

Then everyone grew up and went their separate ways.  He is survived by his sister, Pat, his mother May and his wife, four children, a bunch of grandchildren and step-grandchildren.

Fare thee well, Danny L. Green.

2 comments:

carlae said...

Actually I think that's your, 'get that camera out of my face' look, but I do like the coy deep thought kind.

I saw Danny's obit the other day, I didn't even know that May was still alive. Of course Dan and Pat were way too old for me to with. I guess out of the bunch I remember Pat's husband Auggie...funny guy! RIP

Gale said...

When Tom died sometime back it mentioned his home town. So I googled May, got her address and phone number and called her.
It was so nice to chat. We talked for about 15 to 20 minutes. I probably shocked the hell out of her. I never told mom, she would have crapped her drawers.