Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Senior Ciizen Goals

 
 
I have been contemplating the vagaries of aging.  One thing my parents always discussed about their aging and/or dying friends was the comment "He was just a bright as a penny right up to the last minute!"  or something to that effect.  Being clear headed was a valued attribute.  Now a days I find myself wondering if I should start making lists for myself; name, address, phone number. We don't have any history of Alzheimer's in my family so that may not become a problem. However I have noticed an increasing disconnect with the media, for instance,  last night I was watching one of those fashion shows who dish the dresses at the Emmy's.  I
recognized only two people on the panel; one man was on Project Runway and one of the women was a winner of Shear Genius, the other two ladies, no clue.
 
The show covered the gowns, jewelery,hair and make up of many of televisions Emmy nominees.  Guess what?  No idea.  If there were any stars from HGTV, Cooking channel and the odd reality TV show I would have been all over it. 
 
I have been noticing that the only celebrities I recognize at the check out stand by way the magazines are nearly dead ones!
I have NO idea who cheated on who.  Nuthin'.
 
Therefore I would like to Propose that there be a special setting on the cable box for Enhanced Subtitles.  These enhanced subtitles will list the famous persons name, the things they are famous for and to whom they are related.  I would find this highly informative if I ever want to be able to participate in a conversation requiring awareness regarding celebrities.   OR someone could combine THE HISTORY CHANNEL with any Celebrity New Show with enhanced subtitles. 
 
Or I could just stick to reading my very sparkly e-reader.  You know someone in telecommunications needs to figure out how to send out emergency notifications over the G4 networks or what ever number we are up to. Oh, wait!  We have Twiddle, no Twitter.
 


1 comment:

me again Carla e said...

I think this just means you don't watch a lot of 'regular' TV. Twiddle....love it!