Friday, April 27, 2012

Damned with faint praise....


This is a very lukewarm product endorsement:

I had seen the advertisements on television and thought that my dryer really needs to have the lint trap deep cleaned etc.  Then I promptly forgot about.   My traveling coding buddy, Susan who drives over from Roseburg mentioned that one of their local malls had a "Everything sold on TV store" located there, so I asked her to see if they stocked a Lint Lizard.   She went and the person there said they would have them in stock in a few weeks.

A few weeks go by and Susan brought me the Lint Lizard. I think it cost something like 15 or 20 dollars.  The reason I did NOT order it from the 800 number on television is I did not want to throw my credit card number out there for possible abuse etc.

So, the device comes in three parts, the large part that is the vacuum adapter, the middle part that fits the clear plastic hose to the adapter and the clear plastic hose.  The hose comes curled up and does not uncurl, so there some difficult angles to accomplish.

Basically it works well,there is good suction but I could have probably taken a bottle brush of some kind, stuck on a length of wire such as a straightened coat hanger and cleaned the vent that way.  While I had the vacuum going I did Hoover up some cat hair and spider webs.  The product is made in China and distributed from somewhere in Jerseylicious.

I think I should call Charlie and ask what he uses professionally to clean dryer vents.  Although his small appliance experience has considerably branched out,  he tackles biggies like Wolfe ranges now a days.  Cool.

3 comments:

Gale said...

Justin wanted to take the leaf blower to clean out the lint collector. I talked him out of it.

Retro Blog said...

Good idea. The lint itself is very sticky, and actually needs to be scrubbed. I think the chimney sweep utensil might just work on a smaller scale of course.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

I use an old paper towel roll. Smash one end till it fits in the lint trap and tape other end of it to the vacuume hose-thingy. Works well enough and we have an seemingly endless supply of paper towel rolls. We here are really cheap. c