Thursday, December 1, 2011

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE


This a variety of task chairs on display for testing and voting by the employees.  That first one looks hideously uncomfortable but rides surprisingly well.  


I like this one it is mesh material, very comfy and quite spendy,
I have great taste.

And how for something on a sad note.  Last Wednesday 11-23 my first boss lady here was killed in a car accident.  I will miss her, she retired a few years ago and got to enjoy a few years of fishing on the Coquille during the steel head and salmon runs.  I actually called her one day in 1999, husband and I had purchased the house here and since Y2K was looming, it seemed to be the better part of caution to relocate before the computers refused to work.  And my aren't we glad that worked out well.  Anyway husband was already here, I called CVH to see what if anything was available.  I networked with Judy.  She called me back a couple months later to say there would be a transcriptionist position open soon, was I interested, yeah, anything to pay the bills.   So I made arrangements to leave the frozen north and move to lovely rainy Southern Oregon Coast.  By the time I got here, late December, Judy was off with a bad sprained ankle or some darn thing.   I interviewed with the hospital administrator and the business office manager who hired me and I begged for a little vacation and started January 2000.  As it turned out I became acting manager almost immediately and sort of fell into the job.  Thank you, Judy, I hope there is a fishing stream and good book with your name on it.

On an electronic note; I opted to purchase the Kindle Fire.
It is much more than I hoped for.  I can access my books, I can access my email and I can access my blog.  Still have to edit blog at home but I am astounded by this little tech marvel.   The screen is lit, I. CAN. READ. IN. THE. DARK!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a bunch of chairs....will they all stay in various parts of the hospital?

Again, I'm sorry for the loss of Judy.

Retro Blog said...

Yeah, chairs will be in lobby, some will be in offices, waiting rooms etc. Hope someone picks some not so ugly, and even the smaller ones are weight tested for the um, larger, folk.