Thursday, October 6, 2011

Justice for all....





I am not normally a heavy metal fan but I googled "And Justice For All" and this is what popped up.  Strange.

Recap of jury duty this week.  My number was called Tuesday evening.  I found some sketchy parking on the jail side of the complex and trudged to the juror room.  The room holds about 90 chairs and every chair was full.  O, joy.  The sign in method was fairly slick, (It was SO slick, I didn't even get a chance to read my  kindle at all), tell them your number, name, get a form to fill out for jury fee and take a seat.  We watched a fairly decent video entitled "Justice For All" and then we were roughly divided into three groups as there were three trials that day.  I went to the court just down the hall and listened to the opening remarks on a case involving reckless endangerment.  The alleged perp was accused of endangering two young boys, 12 and 8 I think.  A firearm was shot, and I was mildly puzzled that this made it to criminal court but again second guessing myself, I figured it was because a firearm was involved.  My assignment for the remainder of my time is to listen to the call in number each week night through the 14th.  O yay. 

No comments: