Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011



It was an interesting day at work today, Mother's Day.  There was an inordinate number of elderly cranky, disoriented ladies and I don't mean the nurses.  The female patients  all needed their Mom's really REALLY bad today and the nurses did a fine job of Mommying them.  "Get back in that bed or I will tie you in!".  "Get off the toilet now" , "Time for breakfast" and so on.

Then I decided to call Mom.  I dialed her number and breathed a little sigh when I got the "You have reached a number that has been disconnected" message. It's been almost two years, I wonder how long the phone company keeps a disconnected number from being reissued?  If someone had answered I would have wished them "Happy Mother's Day" and then hung up. 

I decided to pick fixings for strawberry shortcake and whipped cream on the way home. Delish.  I also make Delux Tamale Pie, that variety is made with thin cut strips of Black Angus Beef and roast peppers, yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes,I did get a call from Charlie, he just got a raise which is a very good thing.

Gale said...

I posted that cat picture because that was the last thing I got to do, kiss mom on the forehead. Poor old thing