Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday



Nice day, a little over cast, no hail, no thunder...ah Spring.

We drove to Coos Bay (gas is $3.85 here) and shopped at Freddy's, I picked up Tangled and Tron Legacy.  I giggle a lot during Tangled and if I were a little girl I would be growing my blond hair out to 75 feet.  The music was wonderfully operatic/showbiz.  I predict Tangled will open on Broadway sometime soon.  Haven't watched Tron yet.

We ate lunch at Rodeo Steak House.  The waitress handed us a bowl of peanuts in the shell.  While I perused the menu, husband went,
"Psst, look!" 
Oh peanut shells all over the floor.
"Do you think that just happened?". 
"Um, no customers are supposed to throw the shells on the floor."  "GASP!!!!!". 
"really".


I took pictures of the food but I thought one of the signs was very cute  NEVER MISS A CHANCE TO SHUT UP.  Husband loved his well done steak and I enjoyed mine medium.  Goody left overs!!

ADDENDUM:  I am completely hooked on the 99 cent Scrabble game I down loaded on my Kindle.  I must say though that I think AI cheats.  AI has used a few words that are definitely NOT in the Oxford English Dictionary.  Hmph. 

5 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

We take the time in the a.m. to do some computer games. We have a bit of competition when we play Sudoku. There is a timer, so no cheating. I can tell what kind of day I am having by how I do. I also play Chicktionary on Bing. Some of the words they use are definately made up or from some obscure language. Frustrating to say the least.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the scrabble game on my Kindle. Sometimes I even read a book.

Anonymous said...

I must admit that my book buying has dropped off considerably. My latest book I just finished the second book in the series by S. Stirlng Island In The Sea of Time.
It is year 8 or 9 or 10 post event. The Nantucket Republic has begun sending out ships to explore the world. Walker has moved to ancient Greece and more or less taken over from Agamemnon.
The Republic is going to fight a war on Two fronts, (Sound familiar) one with Tartessos (southern Spain) and against Walker who is siccing the Assyrians on the Nantucketers. Very swash and buckling! Good read. I need to order the third book. Also I read with a hawkish eye for mistakes and found a very food, Nice job Amazon!! RIA

Anonymous said...

"found a very food"? anyhoo, I lost interest in those books for some reason. I LOVED the first one, but they got all weird after that.

Just read the soft cover version of "MOLOKAI" I really enjoyed it, as much as someone can enjoy leprosy.

Anonymous said...

found a verfy few...meh