Wednesday, April 27, 2011

POINK is not what you want to hear when....


...you sit down at work and suddenly go blind in the right eye.

WTF!?  Crap, lost the lens out of right side of my glasses. 

Help! 

A cry for help summoned a co-worker and between the two of us, we managed to pry the computer and desk away from where it was wedged precariously against the shelves near the window in medical records. 

I could see a gleam down in the dark and dust bunnies.  The lens was retrieved and it fit inside the wire frame and I used  clear tape to hold it in place for the rest of the day.  Examined glasses, screw came loose.  It's only 7:30. 

Husband picked me up after work and we drove to the Vision center in town and they very kindly put a slightly longer screw in the frames. 

Oh! It's been exactly one year since your last visit...so I'll be going back in a couple of weeks to get checked and to complain about my increasingly greasy left eye ball (floaters).  sigh....

4 comments:

Gale said...

spectoris repairis! or something like that

Anonymous said...

I have cheater glasses lying all over the house...that's getting old but I see no way around it..

Anonymous said...

I actually have my next oldest pair in a glasses case on the dresser next to my bed, in case I wake up, cannot find my "real" glasses and need to be able to see to find them. The next oldest pair are in my roll top desk, assuming I could feel my way downstairs to find them! Next pair goes IN. THE. CAR.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait husband is driving me, next oldest pair goes IN. MY. PURSE. r