Friday, January 7, 2011

John Henry was a steel drivin' man.....


and his momma probably made sour dough pancakes for him.
The machine you see above is a steam powered device that is
drilling/pounding those 40 feet worth of pipe into the bank.
There is a series of green spray painted circles about five feet apart where each of the next set of drill holes will go.  This is only the first layer of holes.  Once those holes are filled, they will massage more dirt to make a lower layer and drill another line of holes.  I figure out about three to four levels of holes will get them down to level with the back of the hospital. 


I put the sour dough starter to work last night by adding two cups of milk and two cups of flour and let it sit in the oven over night.  This morning I took one cup each in two quart jars. One jar is ear marked for one of husband's friends who has made it known that he would like a starter.  There ya go.   I also discovered from an older blog of First Nation that she has a starter that she also drags out and feeds every once in a while.  She puts a tablespoon or so of honey in her starter and lets it sit in the window for the day.  I tried that about a month ago because shamefully the last time I made sour dough pancakes was back in 09-17-10.  So a tablespoon of honey saved it.  Now it tastes just as sour as I remember Mom's tasting. 
Too bad blogger does not have smell-o-vision.   My pancakes were very tasty this morning.  Now I need a nap. ...yawn.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I met FirstNations she was standing in front of her fridge, contemplating, meditating, thinking about Franconia - the best place in the world, where all your dreams come true. Yeah.

Retro Blog said...

The last time I met First Nation she was standing in the hospital parking lot contemplating the view and the hideous drive north. R

Anonymous said...

I have not met First Nations...yet!