Sunday, January 16, 2011

General chit chat...


The nice lady is there to help wind him up.

A few items for consideration.  Husband I celebrated out sixteenth wedding anniversary, I think that is stainless steel at this point.  We are both a little amazed and gratified that we are only nine years away from the big old 25th silver etc.  So we went to Bennetti's (they had sent a 30% off coupon!!) and had our favorites Veal Picatta and Steak with Gorgonzola sauce.  We decided against telling them it was our anniversary when the waitstaff sang a rather nice harmonized rendition of Happy Birthday to  the couple at the next table.

I recently received a late Christmas Card from Vickie Valenzuela (Barnes) from Baker City, Oregon.
She included a nice picture of her family, everyone looks wonderful.   She said she didn't get around to sending cards in 2009 because their old family dog died.   Just last year she underwent surgery for CA of the tail of the pancreas and she thinks they got it all.   She is already a breast cancer survivor.  Support the Pink Ribbon Brigade please.

So will someone tell me what Shorty's name is? Roger?  I can't remember but I do remember a fierce sunburn and nearly drowning in the Powder River.  I kept my  Red Cross swimming certificate for years after that.   

Good health to all of your medical endeavors,  keep a stiff upper lip...tissue? 

4 comments:

Gale said...

I am pretty sure the 16th anniversary is wood. I hope you get some.

Anonymous said...

Wood....that cracks me up. I recently purchased a wooden rolling pin holder, Myrtle wood to be exact. Who knew! R

Anonymous said...

We still have our Myrtle wood champagne glasses you and Tim gave us for our wedding. We'll be using them this February when we celebrate our 10th.

Anonymous said...

I am very glad that they have held up so well, it was much fun to go shopping for them. Happy Happy, No Earthquakes!! R