Saturday, February 20, 2010

THREE VIEWS OF AN URN

My beading friend and Friday lunch buddy, brought back the urn I had purchased. I had asked her to design a "necklace" for it, something in red beads. She showed me some components and I nodded in agreement. She told me yesterday that when she began working on it that she was not happy with the original stuff so put together a surprise. Nice!



Drooping style.



Mid length style.



Choker style.

I still want to design something made entirely of small glittery ruby red beads that simply fall down the body of the piece like a nearly solid curtain in various lengths, perhaps a scalloped hem design or free style. Still looking for appropriate beads. Husband likes this urn better than the grape leaf canister. Whattya think guys?

5 comments:

Phil said...

I like #1.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

I liked the one with the flowers,this one looks like a pot bellied cookie jar that you can't get your cookie snatchin hand in.

AuntJoJo said...

I know this is a sibling thing so my opinion is not really in the mix but oh well... I really like this one, it is simple and just think V would like it, I like the drooping (#1) the best.

Anonymous said...

Yep, you cannot reach in and take out a cookie, it's the old Aesop's fable thing. The various necklace lengths are just ones I tried out by taping it on the backside. The first one hangs that way on it's own. Since there is no huge rush, I will reserve both urns with the proviso that I find an absolutely smashing ruby bead necklace. It is good to have a project. R

Anonymous said...

I like the mid length and the plain jar. here's two cents as well