Friday, October 2, 2009

Finding Stuff on Saturdays in Bandon

Occasionally husband and I drive to Bandon on Saturdays. I have noticed a rather scrubby looking shop called "Benjamin's Attic" that is always closed when we first get to town and then is open by the time we leave. Unfortunately leaving town puts us on the wrong side of the divided highway for us to easily navigate our way there.

One day husband was busy at a meeting and I decided to drive by and take a better look at how to actually get to the building. Because it said "Low Priced Used Items, Antiques, etc" How could I resist? I turned into the strip mall and found a back road to the shop and parked there. Inside were a wonderful assortment of glassware, odds and ends, unfortunately the lady only takes cash. I looked the place over and decided I would return cash in hand. And then I forgot all about it.

A couple weeks later husband went to Bandon on his own and stopped in at the Attic on his way home and picked up a couple of small cat statues. So I thought I better go next time. So I did and I found the articles shown below, six pieces of painted coral and a sand dollar, complete with sand.



I gave the pieces to my friend, Sue, and she presented me with the necklace below at lunch today. It is on a stretchy string so it will go over my big head and when worn with a black blouse looks like it should be on Survivor Samoa as the fake hidden immunity idol. Nice work, Sue! Thanks.

2 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Careful you don't get voted off.
RB

Jennifer said...

Thats pretty neat.