Sunday, August 16, 2009

COQUILLE COMMUNITY YARD SALE!



Husband asked me if I wanted to be spontaneous and go visit the community yard sale early? You betcha! It was held at Sturdivant park by the river, parking was scarce so we parked across Highway 42 South in the DMV parking lot and schlepped across to the park. We then wended our way through about 50 booths of pure treasure and pure junk. Lots of people selling very sharp pointy knives and guns etc. Lots of antiques and produce!

This an exact picture of the coach bag I purchased at the Saturday August 15, 2009 Coquille Community Yard Sale. It is known as the Coach Stewardess bag and lists for $268.00. I snagged mine in mint condition for FIVE BUCKS! Woo Hoo!

Husband and I strolled about and scored 4 perfectly ripe peaches and a huge Hermiston cantaloupe for five dollars and a genuine French baguette made by a genuine French woman for Two dollars. Tasted great later sliced in half lengthwise, spread with olive oil and sprinkled with shredded Parmesan. Baked until toasty. Yum!!

I also lost my mind and made fried chicken and banana, pineapple, marshmallow, shredded sharp cheddar cheese salad. Guess what I'm having for lunch today?

Shoulda dones. I shoulda grabbed all FIVE of the Coach bags....dang!

It was a beautiful sunny day in Coquille, I can't tell you how rare that is in the summer. We South Coast Oregon residents don't do well in extended periods of sunshine, all that glittering sunlight strobing through trees on the highways has been known to cause disorientation and MVA's. We do better driving in over cast conditions.

3 comments:

Gale said...

Did you make peach cobbler too?

Anonymous said...

Nope, but I am really tempted, I love fresh cook peach cobbler, pie, maybe I will stop and pick up a peel and stick pie crust after work eh? R

Retro Blog said...

Um update on the Coach bag.

I was bragging about my score at work and someone asked if there was a tage with a serial number inside the bag?

Um nope.

It's a cheap knock off then.

O....not bad 5 bucks for a cheap knock off Coach.