Thursday, February 5, 2009

the Peel, worlds smallest street legal car, UK.



I could not resist this little car, I believe it is smaller than my Uncle Al's Metropolitan, he drove it in the 50's and we kids called it the tomato soup can.

However, this vehicle is so small that it can be only useful for short range transportation, no room for groceries unless you tie the grocery cart to the back bumper.

Further, I am astounded that this vehicle has not been featured on Top Gear. Hmmm, it may well have been featured in the past as I have unfortunately only been watching Top Gear for the past few months.

I cannot imagine, Jeremy Clarkson, James May OR Richard Hammond squeezing themselves into this car. The boys could use it for a foot stool...or a movable giant soccer ball.....Hey guys!? How about a re-run of the soccer ball game with the little cars and the Peel as the soccer ball? Huh? Huh?

3 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

I think the name is appropriate. Getting in is ok, but to get out, they have to "peel" it off of you.
Rich remembers the "soup can" too.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

It has appeared on Top Gear. JC drove it around Television Centre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFairlYkLw

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous; THANK you for the Utube link! I watched JC drive the Peel and gurgled like a drain! Phew! Retro