Friday, March 7, 2008

I gassed up the car today painful though it was



As you can see the local gas concern is keeping up with 105 dollar a barrel oil well before it rolls down the gasoline highway so to speak. I do wish my car had a solar panel attachment on the roof and wouldn't that work about 50% of the time here in the wet and wonderful southern Oregon coastal region.

Also today fooled around the the lentil loaf recipe. I cooked a whole bag of lentils in a quart of chicken stock. I didn't feel like cooking any brown rice so I just went with the holy trinity plus one of chopped onion, chopped carrot,chopped celery and chopped yellow Bell pepper. Dump in can of whole tomato, chopped up a bit, toasted a cup of almonds, tossed in two eggs, two tbs olive oil, salt, pepper, lots of Thyme and poured into TWO well oiled casserole dishes, one to freeze for later ... and only because I still had some, a healthy handful of flax seeds, and bread crumbs and wheat germ... Oh and topped them both with a bunch of shredded Parm. Smells terrific. so veddy veddy healthy. Not strictly vegan but tasty.

No comments: