Saturday, July 24, 2021

SILLILNESS AWARD

SILLINESS AWARD: Yesterday evening, husband went out to fire up the buggy so we could go to his meeting at the Episcopal church (1889). He came and said the car would not start. So he called a friend to let him know that he might be late and started walking. I stayed home. He called ten minutes later to say he was at the outside door When he got home we were debating calling either the tire store or AAA. He went to the basement to plug in the charging unit so you jump start the car in the morning. I went to bed. He woke me about 7:30 am to say, “Guess what!? The car started right up. All this after dragging up charger, hood up, gloves on ect. It turns out that some how the shifter was not quite in park, so no engine start! Phew! I was having nightmares about comments Les Schwab or AAA could have made. So, Husband suggested we go to Cozy Kitchen for breakfast. I am never going to refuse the opportunity to have husband drive me somewhere for food! We got there and our usual waitress seated us and I told her that we were celebrating because the car started. I told her the rest of story and she laughed loud and long. Husband ordered his usual chicken fried steak with gravy, extra hashbrowns, no toast, scrambled eggs, OJ. Here is a good tip, tell your waitperson a funny story and get extra hashbrowns. I'm just sayiing.

No comments: