Wednesday, April 1, 2020

THANK YOU, GOD

V
thank you God.  I don't have cancer and I am an idiot.

This past Friday, I was watching Wheel of Fortune.  When it was over, it took me a few minutes to even notice what happened.  The program ended and I thought, what happened?  I had missed 20 minutes.  That was weird.  So I Googled it, you know how Google offers up dozens of answers? Straight to Brain Tumor.  Huh. 

I owned it immediately.  Surgery, no biggie, chemo ugh. Survival to 5 years 30 percent.  I would have lived that long without the diagnosis.  Worried all night about whether to tell husband.

In the morning, I told him.  He was a rock!

We spent the day at dialysis. I told the nurse. She laughed and said Did Not. Ok.

Went home and thought to myself, I should examine the other question of the diagnosis.  What neurological condition causes absence (French).  Google pointed right at Petit Mal seizure.  Ah,  I would be unusual at 25 minutes and 2 hours at dialysis.  Will have Dr. Holland order me an ECG.  I won't be on meds. Win! Win!

Told husband, God bless him, didn't even roll his eyes. 

No comments: