Saturday, November 2, 2019

Book Recommendation by Scott Simon and a dream

Last weekend on Saturday morning Scott Simon interviewed John Kenney.  He wrote a small book of poetry entitled : Love Poems (For People with Children).

Mr. Kenney read Baby Wipes.

If you had told me
in my twenties
that I would do this,
I wouldn't believe you.

But this morning,
the baby's poop
shot out like a cannonball
and some of it landed in my hair.

Well, I was pretty tired
and too lazy 
to shower.
And I was late to work.

So what I did was
take a baby wipe
and clean it out of my hair.
Most of it, anyway.

Then I went on with my day.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I also woke from a decidedly odd dream.  In that dream, Mom (Yes Virginia B.) and I were strolling through a small mountain town.  We walked down a pathway that dead ended in a fenced back yard.  We turned back to get back on the roadway.

Eventually we ended up at a building that looked like a medical office.  I seemed to have some lab tests that needed to be delivered.  I was sorting the papers by name.  Them Mom told me about one time she was getting a pelvic examination and she got aroused by the doctor.  WHAT!?  I thought about it for a minute and thought to myself that THAT explained the seven kids.  Obviously in another timeline and universe.

 Dream interpretation site says as near as I could find:

To see your parents having sex (or talking about sex??) in your dream indicate that you are seeing similar aspects between their relationship and your current relationship. Most cringe at the thought of your parents having sex, so this dream imagery is really trying to get your attention. Consider your parents' real life relationship together and what you can learn from it.  Hmmmm.  Not sure WHAT to think...

As a complete aside, I grew up changing CLOTH diapers on the little sisters.  I also learned how to prefold the cloth into a kite shape so that there was extra padding in front.  This added to the wash load immensely.   Also sturdy diaper pins were used very carefully.

No comments: