Saturday, August 25, 2012

I attempted to Google funny pictures about Medicare...


For those of you who are trying to do the right thing...think carefully.

A friend who recently applied online for Social Security Benefits encouraged me to do so myself.  Apparently it is a law or some darn thing.

So I went online, clickitey, click, click, click, send.

Got email confirmation. Got letter saying as of September 2012 I would start receiving a quarterly bill in the amount of $300.00 due and payable for part B Medicare. What!?  I called a nice man at the office in Coos Bay who very carefully explained that due to my current circumstances (working covered by group health)  I really only wanted to sign up for Part A and he would send me a form, get it back to him BEFORE September.  Letter came yesterday, I decided to bring it back personally.   I found the office and it is a very nice office. 

I walked in and a nice man in a uniform packing heat asked me if I had an appointment?

No.  

Was I carrying a knives, guns or weapons? 

No. 

Could he look in my purse? 

Yes. 

Go to the Kiosk and follow the on screen directions for a number.

Mine was 75D.  There was only one guy in front of me. 

75D!

The nice Federal employee looked at the letter, asked me a couple questions, got my application straightened out so I don't have to pay 100 bucks a month because I do not need it. (I am covered by health care plan at work). 

As I was leaving I asked the nice man what he did for fun.

He hesitated and replied, "I just go home."

Me,too.

No comments: