Thursday, August 23, 2012

Got a phone call at work this morning



The toilet blew up!  The bathroom rugs are soaked!  I called the plumber, he will be here in a couple of hours. So I  brought some work home with me.  (Analysing exact number of ER visits comparing the ER log book with my spread sheet, the count is off, if I had wanted to go into accounting I would have done so....)

Husband turned off water at the main in the basement.  The leak was large enough for the contractor to move tools etc outside.
Husband then attempted to shop vac some of the water up and got an empty bucket under what appears to be an actual HOLE in a very large pipe that runs the length of the basement and it dripped nasty brown water (assumed to be sewage ew! ew! ew!) onto the top of my washer.   Husband is burning through Latex gloves at a pretty steady rate. 

One of the contractors said it actually sounded like back wash from the city mains.  Ummm,how does that happen? Will have to ask the family plumber when he gets here. Hope he can fix it, flushing and hand washing is a modern convenience we really don't want to do without.   So I will check back when crisis is partially addressed.

No comments: