Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pouring cement and take out chicken erp...



Today the guys directed the cement truck up onto the ER road entrance to pour concrete into some forms.  



They came back again to pour more...cement.



And this is what it looked like after they left.  Beats me, the plan show some sort of covering for the drive way so maybe these are footers for a really BIG roof like thingie?


Also I am now going to review a local eatery,  I shall not name names.  It all started because I mentioned at lunch that I would really like some good fried chicken.  Some one piped up and said, "XYZ has pretty good fried chicken", So today, I stopped in and ordered six pieces box to go as well as a small veggie pizza for the hubs.  Got home, handed off pizza, settled in with my crisp white box o chicken.   Well,first of all the chicken was in reasonably recognizable pieces, two legs, two thighs, two breasts. Coated in a a very brittle coating and well WELL cooked.  No chance of salmonella here, my friend.  So I daintily picked off most of the crust because it was so hard and sharp that I feared impaling my gums on the crusty bits.  Over all two to three mouthfuls from each piece, detritus routed directly to the ah, recycling center.  Mini review from the hubs, he picked the pineapple off the veggie pizza. hah?   So next time I am foaming at the mouth for fried chicken I will go get a chicken, butcher it into the traditional pieces, spice it, dredge in flour, fry until golden brown and delicious and then finish off in the oven or crock pot to desired of done.

I will then ponder the character who recommended this and think that mayhap he has never had a really good piece of fried chicken. 

2 comments:

Gale said...

I love fried chicken. I think I will make some this weekend. But without the cement from india or anywhere else.

Retro Blog said...

Strange way to do business jump in personal space just because I used the word "cement".
Hmph. To comment further, the person who recommended the chicken is or was a very handsome man who married a beautiful nurse. He is ten years younger than she. He decided to make himself look less handsome and I must say it has worked. He cut his hair very short almost to the scalp, which makes his head look disproportionately small. He grew one of those funky under the lower lip mustaches soul patch I think they are called and he started behaving generally like a good old boy goober. All that is left is for him to start mining his left nostril in public and he will have achieved his goal.