Sunday, January 1, 2012

Okay, OKAY, Happy New Years already!



We went shopping Friday it was my day off, the power went off during a dark and stormy night, well early afternoon.

We went to Freddy's got a few supplies. Then it was suggested that we go to Staples and look around.  I purchased my HP Pavilion in2005 shortly before my year long stay in Dillingham,AK. It was a nifty machine for a grand and had all the latest bells and whistles.
Now it only whistles.

Brother in law had given the diagnosis that it was old and slow.

I actually priced a sound card and video card on line. Boy Howdy, yeah lets go to Staples. 

The Assistant Store Manager helped us. I looked at a mini tower and he pointed out that it was not recommended get this model at a lower price and more memory (A terabyte).  Okay, new screen?  We have one that works now.  He recommended an Acer, picture of which you see.   The tower comes with a single drive that plays CD and DVD etc.  We also opted for a 2 terabyte external hard drive,
a pack of DVR+R, um a 50 dollar Epson printer,that scans, faxes, etc.  I put my little memory card from the Kodak and it downloaded all 600 or so pictures, the one above is of this screen,
We purchased a 3 year warranty thingy for not a lot, at first I was going to refuse but he pointed out the computer parts no longer come from USA and only Sony is from Japan. So, yeah sign me up.
Gave him plastic. Amazon.com is going to give me reward points! Ooh boy.

We are currently hooked up to the Internet through the magic of some strategically placed power cords and a little mumbo-jumbo.

It is nice to be able to go online at nose bleed speeds once again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and you said on your skype thingy that you would get a webcam last June...has that happened yet?

congrats on the new light speed machine.