Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DONATING BLOOD



Yesterday was donate blood day at the community building.  I had  a 4:45 pm appointment and I walked in, handed over my donor card and didn't have to wait very long at all.  The whole thing took about an hour.  They were very busy.  There were four donation tables.  They take your blood pressure, pulse, weight and do a finger stick to check your hemoglobin.  Then you sit in front a computer and answer 49 questions about travel, exposure to Aids, drugs, etc.  I had to have help with one question, I inadvertently answered yes to did I take aspirin so the nice man had to sign on and get that straightened out.  After giving a pint, I got to go to the "canteen" area for juice and a cookie.  They ladies at the canteen very carefully disposed of the empty juice can because not do they recycle they take off the tabs for donation to Ronald McDonald houses.
Very cool. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't given blood in a while. After the last time i kept getting phone calls asking if I would come back. I felt like I was being stalked by a vampire. B+, that'sa me, in more ways than hemoglobin.

Versall: how a southerner pronounces that cool palace in France.