Friday, August 12, 2011

Sort of an interesting day....

I elected to take a paid time off day on Thursday because it is very difficult to take time in the summer but there was a lull and voila!

Husband and I ran away to Coos Bay to shop at Freddy's and eat at Kum Yon.  I mentioned casually that I thought there was something wrong with the muffler because it was so loud the last couple of times I drove that I was startled by the throaty roar of Harley Davidson dimensions.  I had even noticed a couple people looking up to see what the hell was coming down the street at them. 

Husband made appointment for us at a muffler and brake shop in Coos Bay Friday at 1:30 so off we went.  The guy told us to have a seat, watch some television they would take a look and tell us what needed to be replaced.  We were mentally thinking new exhaust system, 300 bucks.  Oy. 

We had just gotten comfy watching "Cash Cab" when he called us back into the garage.  He asked us if anyone had been working on the car and we said no.  He showed us where not one but BOTH bolts had sheared off that held the muffler to the exhaust.  He replaced those and replaced the gasket that had crumbled to bits.

Forty bucks later we were out of there headed happily home.
We no longer have the throaty roar, which sounded real sexy, but I was afeared that the local cops would have given us a ticket eventually. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...what, for being overly sexy?