Thursday, February 3, 2011

UPDATE ON KINDLE VERSION!


Yesterday I received notification from Amazon.com that the edited version of Island In The Sea of Time was available for download!  Back in November 2010 I had "reviewed" the kindle version and got yelled at for complaining about something over which the author had no control.  This lead me to go looking for the proper place to complain that ultimately led me to a little box at the end of each review...keep looking, it's way down at the bottom of the page.  There you may list your various complaints.   And I did and received a notice that the team would be working on the kindle version.  How nice.  So having downloaded the new version I am currently re-reading IITSOT for about the 4th time.  Very enjoyable, I do not find myself tripping over bad punctuation or creating spelling.  AND they have not messed with original words and phrases created by the author such as "thuttered" which described the sound of sails in the wind.  Nice.
It is good to be a force against the dumbing down of America.  Not that we had very far to go in the first place.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you can now lend books from one Kindle user to another? hint hint

Retro Blog said...

well let me know how to do that, do you want this one? I have a lot of trash on hand iffen you wanna. (evil smirk) R

security word: Exolyted, love it!

Anonymous said...

so far I have noticed two errors, am unsure if they were there in the first place. One is pure idiot editing, partial sentence started, paragraph, full sentence resumed, kind of like a stutter on paper. Oy!